A few weeks ago, Copart Itaquaquecetuba in Brazil had an unusual visitor. A stray cow was found stuck in a nearby valley! Fortunately, this amazing team did a great job rescuing the animal and releasing it to a safe destination.
We are proud to see Team Copart going the extra mile and are glad to hear the cow is safe and sound!
Copart’s Corporate Affairs Team organized a ”Back to School Supply Drive” at our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. Over just a few weeks, the team collected over 1,000 donated items from HQ employees for Kids in Need Foundation who works to assist classrooms in need each school year. The company will sort through our supplies and deliver them to schools seeking extra assistance this month.
A special thanks goes to our 2019 Leadership Development Program (LDP) class for bringing in the most donations as a group! This is what TeamCopart is all about!
Copart’s Business Process Development (BPD) Department took time in lieu of their quarterly potluck to start a new tradition of giving. The team purchased, packed and personally delivered 46 care bags to Austin Street Center, a local homeless shelter in Dallas, TX.
Each bag held essential items specifically designed for men and women in need of immediate assistance. From water bottles to canned tuna to hygiene products, the BPD Team thought of it all. They were even able to pack a few dog food bags for our furry friends!
The team was pleased to lend a helping hand in their community and quickly realized this opportunity was a great team building activity that they plan to continue going forward.Copart is always looking for new talent to join our growing team. Interested in a career with people who truly care about each other and their communities?
Apply today at Copart.com/Careers.
For the fourth year in a row, the Copart Crashers and Crushers competed at Vogel Alcove’s Dodge for a Cause Dodgeball Tournament! The event was held at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX with 32 sponsored teams in attendance.
In addition to the sponsorship of both teams, Copart raised $877 to donate to Vogel Alcove’s mission of helping children and families facing the traumatic effects of homelessness.
Learn more about Vogel Alcove today.
Copart locations offer their space and vehicles to first responder units looking for a secure area to practice and train for real-time situations. These onsite training opportunities help first responders sharpen their skills to save lives.
This June, Copart Chicago North invited the Elgin, IL Fire Department to their yard where they conducted trainings for human extractions from mock car accidents.
Learn more about Copart’s partnerships with first responders here.
Recently, Copart employees were invited to tour Vogel Alcove, a Dallas, TX based organization helping children and families overcome the lasting and traumatic effects of homelessness. The team was guided through the facility, which hosts an early childhood program, school-age program and a fully equipped parent opportunity center.
Copart is proud to support an organization with such an important mission in ending the cycle of poverty and homelessness. For several years, Team Copart has sponsored and participated in events like Vogel Alcove’s Day 1 Dallas event and the Dodge-For-A-Cause Charity Dodgeball Tournament. Check out some shots from our tour:
Looking for more information or an opportunity to volunteer? See below:
- We’re on a mission to help young children and families overcome the lasting and traumatic effects of homelessness. It is our vision that every child in our community has a home, a self-sufficient family and a foundation for success in school and life — and the clock is ticking. 90% of brain development happens by the age of five. Without intervention at this critical time, homeless children may suffer lifelong social, emotional and educational deficits. That’s where we come in. And YOU can help.
- Vogel Alcove serves 200 homeless children daily (infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten through 5th grade) through early child education, trauma informed care, therapy, and health and wellness programs.
- Vogel Alcove serve over 125 parents through case management, education, employment search, career advancement, services, financial literacy, and mental health therapy.
VOLUNTEER & IN-KIND SUPPORT:
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: We have weekly volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups 2 – 15 people, which is our sweet spot. Most of our opportunities take place between 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM, although we also have afternoon options too. Opportunities may include working in our resource room sorting donations, serving as playground buddies, reading to children, field trip chaperons, lunch and nap time buddies, and many other initiatives. Our volunteer coordinator Brian Millage will coordinate with groups and individuals, and along with myself and Sammy, help to develop a calendar of initiatives throughout the year. https://vogelalcove.org/get-involved/
To learn more specific information regarding volunteer initiatives and scheduling, please directly contact Brian Millage (email@example.com)
- BYE-BYE BAGS: Provides take home food for our children as they return to the shelters each night. Groups assemble these bags at their offices, and bring to Vogel Alcove. There are opportunities for small groups to hand out the bags to the children and families when they leave for the evening. Bye-Bye Bags are great because they can incorporate all employees towards an initiative that directly benefits our children!
- DONATION DRIVE NEEDS: https://vogelalcove.org/urgent-needs/ Similar to Bye-Bye Bags, donation drives are critical for our mission. Clothing, diapers, and other items are a great help our families. Drives are great because they can incorporate all employees towards an initiative that directly benefits our children.
In 2017, Liverpool Echo Arena car park caught fire and over 1,000 vehicles were destroyed. Among those affected were several AXA Auto Insurance customers including Louise, whose car was undamaged, but was deemed a total loss as it could not be recovered from the structurally unsound building.
As AXA’s salvage partner, Copart was notified before the building’s demolition that they could retrieve Louise’s most sentimental loss- her son’s toy giraffe.
Thanks to this strong supplier partnership, Copart National Account Manager David Simmonite was able to hand deliver Jerry the Giraffe from our Copart Chester location to his grateful owner!
Read the full article on Copart Auto Blog
Copart’s Catastrophe (CAT) Team is on the ground in Houston, Texas assisting the communities impacted by floods with vehicle recovery efforts. Hoping everyone’s safe.
The Copart Catastrophe Team (CAT Team) visited Midland, TX to coordinate a Catastrophe Claims Drive-By Inspection with GEICO after recent storms in the area. In addition to the CAT Team’s hospitality, unwavering commitment to excellence and outstanding customer service, GEICO management and adjusters were very impressed with the Catastrophe Command Center capabilities.
GEICO has seen and inspected an average of 175 cars a day, allowing Copart to maintain 100% same-day pickups of totaled vehicles. They have worked tirelessly accommodating the community of Midland by having a convenient space to inspect damaged vehicles and provide aide to those affected by the catastrophe. Copart was incredibly excited to work with GEICO for this event and believes this will be the start to a great relationship.
Copart onsite team – Zulu Washington, Bianca Calderon and Adrian Dallas.