Recently, Copart employees were invited to tour Vogel Alcove, a Dallas, TX based organization helping children and families overcome the lasting and traumatic effects of homelessness. The team was guided through the facility, which hosts an early childhood program, school-age program and a fully equipped parent opportunity center.
Copart is proud to support an organization with such an important mission in ending the cycle of poverty and homelessness. For several years, Team Copart has sponsored and participated in events like Vogel Alcove’s Day 1 Dallas event and the Dodge-For-A-Cause Charity Dodgeball Tournament. Check out some shots from our tour:
Looking for more information or an opportunity to volunteer? See below:
- We’re on a mission to help young children and families overcome the lasting and traumatic effects of homelessness. It is our vision that every child in our community has a home, a self-sufficient family and a foundation for success in school and life — and the clock is ticking. 90% of brain development happens by the age of five. Without intervention at this critical time, homeless children may suffer lifelong social, emotional and educational deficits. That’s where we come in. And YOU can help.
- Vogel Alcove serves 200 homeless children daily (infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten through 5th grade) through early child education, trauma informed care, therapy, and health and wellness programs.
- Vogel Alcove serve over 125 parents through case management, education, employment search, career advancement, services, financial literacy, and mental health therapy.
VOLUNTEER & IN-KIND SUPPORT:
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: We have weekly volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups 2 – 15 people, which is our sweet spot. Most of our opportunities take place between 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM, although we also have afternoon options too. Opportunities may include working in our resource room sorting donations, serving as playground buddies, reading to children, field trip chaperons, lunch and nap time buddies, and many other initiatives. Our volunteer coordinator Brian Millage will coordinate with groups and individuals, and along with myself and Sammy, help to develop a calendar of initiatives throughout the year. https://vogelalcove.org/get-involved/
To learn more specific information regarding volunteer initiatives and scheduling, please directly contact Brian Millage (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BYE-BYE BAGS: Provides take home food for our children as they return to the shelters each night. Groups assemble these bags at their offices, and bring to Vogel Alcove. There are opportunities for small groups to hand out the bags to the children and families when they leave for the evening. Bye-Bye Bags are great because they can incorporate all employees towards an initiative that directly benefits our children!
- DONATION DRIVE NEEDS: https://vogelalcove.org/urgent-needs/ Similar to Bye-Bye Bags, donation drives are critical for our mission. Clothing, diapers, and other items are a great help our families. Drives are great because they can incorporate all employees towards an initiative that directly benefits our children.