50% of all your calls next year will be a scam. With October being Cyber Security Awareness month, we’re spotlighting the importance of phone scams and how you can better protect yourself against fraudulent calls.
Did you know that phone scammers will disguise their numbers with local area codes so you might think it’s safe to answer? In the U.S. alone, fraudulent calls increased by 25.5% in 2018.
To better protect yourself:
- Download a call blocking and spam protection app
- AT&T Call Protect
- Number Call Block & Lookup
- Hiya Caller ID and Block
- When in doubt, ask for a call back number verifying it’s who they say they are
- Ignore calls from unknown numbers
- Never give out personally identifiable information to untrusted sources
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Copart IT Security.