Do you consider yourself a problem-solving guru? Do you optimize your operations knowledge and technology expertise to balance risk and reward? Are you able to gather data, analyze your findings, identify underperforming areas in the supply chain and then formulate solutions? If you answered yes, then Copart may have the perfect opportunity for you. Our Operations Department is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst whose goal is to improve Copart’s supply chain operations globally. This position will be based out of our corporate office in Dallas, TX.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify opportunities to use data to develop new strategies and improve business performance, deliver services with maximum efficiency and utilize knowledge of mathematical modeling and other optimization methods to perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Asses data analysis requests obtained from management to determine operational problems and define data modeling requirements, validation of content, and problem-solving parameters.
- Develop practical solutions using statistical analysis and simulations (Discrete Event, Agent-Based and System Dynamics)
- Advise managers and executives on best practices
- Analyzes and designs a sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in operation facilities and equipment layouts, and establishes methods for maximum utilization of facilities and personnel.
- 2-3 years prior work experience in a Supply Chain Environment.
- Experience with at least one of the following simulation software: Arena, ProModel, Anylogic, or Simulink.
- Experience with Supply Chain Network Design models as well as Plant Distribution and Design Principles.
- Experience with Network Capacity Models and modeling languages such as OPL-Studio, SAS, AMPL and GAMS.
- Prior experience with any Design software AutoCAD or Visio.
For more information about this position, or to submit your resume, visit Copart.com/Careers.