Are you a fast learner with strong fundamental and problem-solving skills that can thrive in a team environment? Do you possess excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail? If so, Copart is looking for you. We are currently seeking a Payroll Clerk to support our Human Resources Department in Fairfield, CA.
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for maintaining all payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data using the ADP system. You will be expected to process bi-weekly payroll for multi-state employees, in addition to resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information. You will also provide payroll information by answering questions and completing employment verification requests.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Process involuntary garnishment requests
- Audit all employee time cards on a regular basis
- Complete federal and state required reporting
- Ensure compliance with each state’s varying labor laws
- Audit and process employee events such as new hires, salary changes, terminations, etc.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to multi-task and work in a time-sensitive, fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Prior experience working in a Human Resources, Payroll, or Accounting Department, is preferred
- ADP- EV5 or eTime experience a plus
For more information about this position, or to submit your resume, visit Copart.com/Careers.