How do you kickstart your morning? Do you hit the gym, do you stop by Starbucks and grab a cup of coffee, or do you play a certain type of music to get yourself energized?
You might be surprised to find out that you don’t need a rockin’ playlist or cup of caffeine to wake you up. The key to jump starting your morning is your diet, so it’s essential to begin with the most important meal of the day, breakfast! The food you eat directly contributes to how your brain functions, including focus, memory and energy.
So, now you might be wondering, what should I be eating?
Start your day with a big cold cup of H2O. Add a splash of lemon for benefits that include hydration, weight loss, fresh breath and clear skin. An article by, Dr. Axe’s: Food is Medicine, he explains how lemon water has proven effects on your body that last throughout the entire day.
EAT MORE FRUIT!
- Apples are better than coffee because they have thirteen grams of natural sugar. Natural sugars found in fruit are better for your health than refined or added sugars found in coffee.
- The citrus smell from grapefruit can have a physical reaction on your body and make you more alert.
- Blueberries have a low effect on a person’s blood sugar level. This helps keep you awake without feeling the crash later.
TRY THESE MORNING PICK-ME UPS…
- Oatmeal is a simple carb that helps kickstart your metabolism, improve your digestion and keep you full longer.
- Greek Yogurt has the highest amount of protein for the lowest number of calories. In an article written by, Spoon University, they said the yogurt helps burn fat because it takes more energy to digest than it does to eat.
- Eggs are packed with protein and the good fats your body needs.
- Add honey to toast or fruit for a boost of energy in the morning. Honey has natural sugars that take energy to break down, so it keeps your body alert so it can be functioning to aid in digest.
Dragging yourself out of bed in the morning is tough. Use these foods to help get your day started. What do you eat to kickstart your morning?